My name is Andrea Binello, I am 45 years old and I live in Italy in a small town near Turin. I am a professional software developer with an overall experience of 19+ years. On programming forums (e.g. html.it and iprogrammatori.it) and in general on the internet I am more known by my nickname “andbin”.
I'm mainly a Java Senior developer with 10+ years of experience in this area. I have an extremely solid and “crystal-clear” knowledge of the Java language because I was able to study it and appreciate it thoroughly and at length and also because I like to continue to follow the evolution of the language. I have a broad knowledge of all Java features at least up to Java 8 (including: lambda expressions, method references, Stream API, etc.). I also have a fair/good view on the new features from Java 9 onwards, although lately Java is advancing much faster than in the past.
Studies and certifications
In 1992 I obtained the diploma in Electronics (italian title: “Perito elettronico”). In the following years, between 1994 and 1996, I attended two specialization courses provided by C.S.E.A. (a training institution that existed at that time) in the field of microprocessors:
- Technician of Motorola/Intel microprocessor systems (italian title: “Tecnico di sistemi a microprocessore Motorola/Intel”), course of 400 hours
- Technician designer of applications on microprocessor systems (italian title: “Tecnico progettista di applicazioni su sistemi a microprocessore”), course of 1400 hours
In 2006 I started studying the Java language on my own. Thanks to my passion and interest about Java, I also achieved two professional certifications in 2007 and 2010:
- SCJP 5 (“Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 5.0”)
exam CX-310-055, score 91%
- SCWCD 5 (“Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5”)
exam CX-310-083, score 94%
- Excellent and solid knowledge of the Java programming language and all the features up to Java 8
- OOP and Design Pattern
- Very good overall knowledge of the JavaSE framework: AWT – collections – concurrency – I/O – ImageIO – Java2D – JAXB – JAXP – JDBC – networking – Regular Expressions – Swing and more ...
- Basic/minimal knowledge of JavaFX
- Java EE web components: Servlet – Filter – JSP – custom tag
- Framework/libraries (at various levels): FreeMarker – iBATIS/MyBatis – Jackson – JavaMail – JAX-RS – Joda-Time – JSTL – JUnit – log4j – MapStruct – Mockito – OWNER – SLF4J – Spring Framework – Spring Boot – TestNG and more ...
- IDEs: Eclipse – IntelliJ IDEA (basic)
- Build tools: Apache Ant – Apache Maven
- Servers: Apache Tomcat – JBoss (basic)
- Good knowledge of the C language (but I don't use it since the end of 2008 !)
- Good knowledge of REST web services
- Good knowledge of the SQL language in general
- Good knowledge of Atlassian SourceTree (for Git)